Super Visa Insurance
If you are a Canadian citizen you may be eligible to apply for a parent or grandparent to come to Canada under the “Super Visa”. Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced the Super Visa for faster family reunification. Under this program parents and grandparents can be reunited with their families within as little as 8 weeks. Super Visa is an option for those visiting Canada without the need to renew their status for up to two years without leaving Canada. It is a multiple entry visa valid for ten years.
It is always a good idea to have travel insurance because of possible unforeseen circumstances, but the Super Visa program makes it mandatory. One of the requirements for the Super Visa program, is to get covered with Canadian medical insurance coverage (Super Visa Insurance) for at least one year. It is essentially visitors insurance with the following requirements;
- Super Visa Insurance must be valid for at least 365 days from the entry date to Canada.
- The Super Visa Insurance should provide at least $100,000 coverage.
The Super Visa Insurance must be issued from an Insurance company in Canada. You can receive a quote and apply for coverage directly online with Manulfe and Travel Underwriters (see below).
Benefits of Super Visa InsuranceBelow you will find a list of the benefits provided when someone travels with the super visa insurance program through Manulife.
- Emergency medical attention
- Emergency dental treatment
- Expenses related to death
- Emergency medical return home
- Additional expenses for meals and hotel
- Visit to bedside if traveling alone
- Childcare expenses
- Coverage for paramedical services
- Return of children
- Ambulance transportation
- Trip Break
In addition you can add option coverage such as Trip Interruption and Travel Accident Insurance.
Super Visa Quote and Apply Online
- Manulife Quote and Apply (Click the following link for more details including a video on Manulife Super Visa Insurance)
- Travel Underwriters Quote and Apply
For more information on Super Visa insurance call 416-642-4210.