How to prepare for your Life Insurance Medical Exam
So you received a life insurance quote, met with a life insurance advisor and completed the application, the next step with many life insurance applications is to get an insurance medical examination. Here are some guides from two of the paramedical companies we use, Medaxio and ExamOne.
Medaxio Life Insurance Medical Exam Preparation Guide
Below you will find some tips for you insurance medical exam with Medaxio. You can download the guide below for easy reference.
- Remember to present photo for identification purposes; - Get a good night’s sleep the night before the exam;
- Drink several glasses of water Schedule your appointment for a time of day when you feel the most relaxed;
- Stress, caffine, nicotine and some non-prescription medications can temporarily raise your blood pressure and pulse. Avoid these medications for 24 hours before your appointment, homeopathic remedies and vitamins.
- Have prescription medication ready for reference during the exam. You should take you prescription medication as prescribed.
- Avoid smoking and strenuous activity for 24 hours prior to your appointment. -Avoid alcoholic beverages, nasal
Download the Medxio Preparation Guide for the complete list of preparation tips.
ExamOne Life Insurance Medical Video Preparation Guide
Below you will a video from another paramedical company, Exam One with their preparation tips.
About the Author
Neil Lecky is a Life Insurance Advisor, Group Employee Benefit Specialist and an Investment Funds Advisor with Alliance Financial Group. He is also a Branch Manager and Investment Funds Advisor with Investia Financial Services Inc., a mutual fund dealer.